It was brought up that keeping information straight has been particularly troublesome with the two on-going meta-plots, especially since they've had repercussions outside of the St. Claire area, and I said I was going to get up a post dealing with this. So! Onward. This will be posted on the wiki itself soon, and open to anyone who wants to edit in information that their character has been told and is spreading. I am trying not to touch information that is not confirmed/only currently theorized myself, other folks can feel free to add this as they like or suggest I add it into the post (please try to note if it's only a theory or unconfirmed information, it makes things less confusing for people and cuts down on IC telephone syndrome, although that's fun for everyone). Obviously this is incomplete as I need to add Caern information and
haven't yet plopped up info on Hanford information on Hanford added, incomplete
, but please feel free to add suggestions in the comments or ask for clarification.
Also! Keep in mind that this is not a summary of all the information out there that's been discovered. This is for information that all characters can be reasonably expected to know or be able to find out. That is to say, if your character knows something but it isn't being spread, it's not going to appear on this post. If your character knows something and intends to spread it, please post in the comments and I'll add it to the wiki compilation. Thanks!Down Like Dominoes (aka the Spiral Revolution plot):
Civil unrest and quiet encouragement by Wyrmish forces led to a break-out of riots across America's cities last summer. These riots proved to be cover for a massive coordinated attack against Gaian forces based in and around the cities where the riots occurred, starting in the northeast and moving clockwise around the country to the west coast. Many Septs and Caerns have fallen in the wake of these attacks, unable to hold off the combined efforts of Dancers, fomori, powerful banes, and the mysterious creatures that seem to be involved with them. Nephandi involvement is also suspected.
Caerns/Septs that have fallen in the past year due to these attacks:
Sept of the Green - Ongoing resistance efforts, the Caern is reportedly safe from corruption, though the details haven't been spread around. Mother Larissa is still MIA.
Steel Angel - Ongoing resistance efforts, Caern status unknown but presumably corrupted/in the process of same.
A full list can be found here http://garoumush.wikia.com/wiki/Inactive_Caerns
, I intend to get one up on the plots page that specifically lays out the ones brought down by this particular Wyrmish effort.
Caerns/Septs that have come under attack but remain in Gaian hands:
The protest movement came to St. Claire, but due to quick efforts by the mayor's office to placate the protestors as well as act in the best interest of the safety of both citizens and police, as well as efforts by a few Garou quietly integrated into the Spiral Revolution online presence (Rhys), the riots were quelled before they even began. While the protests are ongoing in St. Claire they have decreased in intensity and the threat of riots seems to be decidedly undermined, though going into summer again there are worries on both sides that violence may be in danger of breaking out again. The mayor's office is coordinating with St. Claire police as well as protest organizers to keep this danger as minimal as possible.
Riots in other parts of the country have all but ceased, for the most part, but other than St. Claire, unrest is greatest in Baltimore, Salt Lake City, Denver, and Chicago. Notably, it has not really hit Seattle at all, and cities where Garou Caerns have fallen (either in or nearby) seem to have had their protests and riots brought under firm control, with the danger no longer being present.
- Spiral Glyphs: A network of strange spiral glyphs exists in St. Claire as graffiti, both on the streets and in the sewers. These are apparently mantained by the local occupying force of Dancers in some fashion. Thanks to kin efforts (Rina and Nick), at least a partial map of these glyphs exists, but when Dakota viewed it she had terrifying visions/insights. It's also known that any Gaian Garou getting too close to a glyph risks falling into frenzy; the glyphs appear to spark rage and violence in all those that are near, a highly contributing factor to the success of the riots and inability for authorities, with the exception of St. Claire, to keep things under control despite all efforts. When a glyph is removed or disrupted, the Wyrm's forces seem to be aware of it almost immediately.
- Super Fomori: There are strange creatures involved that have been referred to as 'super fomori' for lack of a better term. They are pale, have great strength, occasionally seem to have access to advanced, almost sci-fi quality weaponry, appear to have the ability to age someone with a touch, and at least some can turn invisible, though they are visible with high tech gadgets such as infrared goggles or gifts (Cybersenses) that can mimic them. The local population of these creatures seem to be focused on the newly dubbed Queen's Tower. There are reports of similar creatures from several fallen Caern cities, notably New York and Los Angeles.
- Queen of the Rancordiant is a name that has come up more than once in investigations, though little is known about what this refers to.
- The GENOM Tower has been bought out and renamed to the Queen's Tower. It seems to be the central focus of Wyrmish efforts in St. Claire. Efforts to supernaturally breach its defenses, such as using a gift to try to moonbridge inside, have failed. The tower is surrounded in the Umbra by large, extremely powerful banes. As with other cities, it's theorized that at least some mage (Nephandi presumably) involvement is at play.
- The Alpha of the Seattle Hive, Renegade, has been mentioned several times, though his exact involvement, if any, is not known.
- A seemingly rogue BSD pack, referred to as Hellfire under the Green Dragon, approached the Gaian Garou last year in a bid to try to enlist their help in overthrowing Renegade, as they were apparently unhappy with his leadership. This pack was known to follow Beast of War, as many of the BSDs involved in the riots are thought to do. Rather than assisting them, the St. Claire Garou (Excelsior and Emma, with some assist from Turtle and Val) successfully attacked and destroyed the Hellfire pack.
- Val has an IC information board in her place above Snakes and Lattes that is trying to keep track of all known information in both this plot and others (as well as general info) and can be read here: http://garoumush.wikia.com/wiki/Kinfolk_Message_Board
- Disappearances have been notable since the riots began, and while they have been very quiet in St. Claire, it's known that disappearances have been happening locally as well. It's been reported (Ghost) that this is, unsurprisingly, happening among the homeless population, though never to a degree in which anyone outside of their circle would find it alarming.What Lies Beneath/the Hanford or 'black ooze' plot
I'm afraid this requires a history lesson, so here we go!:
Hanford has been a source of constant misery for longer than the current St. Claire Garou presence has even existed, for very understandable reasons. Hanford, or the Hanford Site/Hanford Project, is a large section of eastern Washington bordered on one side by the Columbia River. It is most famous as being a part of the secret Manhattan Project starting in 1943, a place where plutonium was refined for use in automic weapons, notably the one detonated at the Trinity Testing Site and the 'Fat Man' dropped on Nagasaki. It contains the remains of B Reactor, the first full-scale plutonium production reactor in the world. During the Cold War, Hanford was expanded to nine reactors and five large plutonium processing plants, which provided most of the plutonium for the US's nuclear arsenal. All nine of these reactors are now inactive and in varying states of dismantling; Hanford is the most contaminated nuclear site in the United States, and the focus of a massive clean-up effort that has faced constant set backs, corruption, irresponsible management, and leaks. Sadly all of the non-supernatural stuff about Hanford is real; anyone looking to research our Hanford need only look up the many many informational sites about what's happened/ and what is going on there, I'm only including the bare basics. Hanford lies somewhere around two hours drive from St. Claire or thereabouts; it's far too close for comfort.
The only active nuclear plant in the area is not part of Hanford, though it sits south of the site itself: the Columbia Generating Station is a nuclear power plant owned and operated by Energy Northwest, and produces about ten percent of Washington's total generated electricity.
Apart from being the nastiest concentration of Wyrm presence in the state, the Hanford area is notable because the nearby mountains (the Saddle Mountain range) are the site of a former Caern, its final name being (fittingly) the Caern of the Last Days. This Caern's original owners are unknown (likely Wendigo, maybe even Croatan), but at some point in the past it fell to Dancers and was converted into an active Pit/Hive. Despite their position of strength, however, this Hive never really expanded into the rest of the state; reasons unknown, though it was likely not by choice. Eventually St. Claire and the survivors of the Cypress Rising Sept attacked and defeated the Dancers at Hanford, after which the Caern of the Last Days was tentatively founded under Magpie (the same totem that Cypress Rising had followed prior to losing their original Caern). The Black Furies of Cypress Rising died to a one in the Hanford fight, leaving the Caern in the hands of the Shadow Lords and Get of Fenris. Eventually, politics led to the Shadow Lords gaining the upper hand of leadership, and the Get left in disgust. At last report Last Days was a dead Caern; not merely corrupted, but entirely destroyed. What led to this has been theorized but never substantiated.
Hanford has been scouted in the following years and has been the source of a few battles, but no significant BSD presence has been noted since, though there have been many many fomori, banes, and even a mage to contend with, as well as individual BSD packs.
- Dancers from Seattle, possibly/likely those tied in some way to the current St. Claire BSD presence, went to Hanford last year in an effort to recruit allies or possibly even set up a forward base of sorts in the area. These efforts failed spectacularly; details are sketchy to the Gaian Garou, but the Dancers were apparently driven out, after which at least some came to St. Claire. Renegade was reportedly involved somehow.
- Something is infecting at least some of the St. Claire Dancers, including those at Queen's Tower. The extent of this is unknown, but those discovered to be infected are apparently killed or imprisoned in some fashion. Nevertheless, some simply disappear, and any efforts to contain this infection, whatever it is, don't seem to be working. It has led to fear and some measure of paranoia (above and beyond the usual) among the local Dancers.
- Earthquakes have been happening at various intervals, with their epicenters being somewhere in the Blue Mountains. This is unusual for the area; earthquakes here are small and infrequent compared with the parts of the state closer to the known fault lines. This has led to some speculation among experts about the possible existence of an as yet unknown fault line somewhere between St. Claire and Spokane, but nothing concrete has come of it.
- Some strange fomori have been encountered; black blood, cold and wet to the touch, black eyes. The house they were living in was haunted, for lack of a better word, by a strange creature ultimately defeated by Excelsior/Jamethon when they attempted to cleanse the house. Prior to that, spirits were avoiding the house and claiming that those who got too close disappeared. There was also a strange mark inside that was dangerous to look at.
- Strange 'infected' Dancers were encountered on the Great Hunt. They were discovered on the Bawn, seemingly in the process of sacrificing one of their own, though for what purpose only they know. Like the fomori, they had black eyes, wet black fur, black blood, and were cold to the touch. In addition, several strange banes were encountered in this fight that seemed to have a cold theme as well as the ability to 'drain' Gnosis from those surrounding them.
- The Caern was attacked during Moot by a bizarre monster that terrified all spirits in the vicinity and ripped a hole through the gauntlet. The Warder, Jacinta, reported that the monster didn't seem to arrive in the Caern so much as appear; she had no warning from her pack totem or the wards that something was coming. The monster drained Gnosis, appeared black and oozy, and at one point seemingly vanished with two Garou only to reappear in a slightly different spot. It was successfully defeated by the Moot attendees.
- Something very very strange is going on with the former site of Hilliard Memorial Hospital, which exploded disastrously many years back and has sat vacant ever since. The underground parking garage formerly attached to it appears to have been occupied by some sort of presence: black ooze/liquid tendrils have been found deep inside, though the entirety of the place has yet to be explored. This was also the site of some strange behavior, such as objects disappearing when one attempts to take them out, or in the case of one scout (Ishmael) a strange reality loop when he attempted to leave.
- Hilliard Memorial Hospital has been announced for the vacant hospital lot site. Groundbreaking for the hospital will begin in a few weeks time.
- Hanford has been scouted twice by local Corax, first Moxie, then most recently Val. More information can be had from Val or Val's IC information board, linked above. Val was forced to call for assistance when one of the strange...things from the site of the former Last Days caern followed her almost all the way back to St. Claire, despite all efforts to shake it off. Blitzkrieg and Reggie fought and killed it.
- Numerous Garou have had strange dreams, both those who have encountered either the monsters, fomori, or black ooze, and those who haven't. The dreams carry the theme of darkness, cold, and distant dripping, but sometimes have more frightening, if harder to describe elements. In the same vein, numerous Garou have discovered strange messages near their sleeping places when waking. The messages have generally been phrases or single words.
- Magpies have vanished from the greater St. Claire area, both spirit and animal. A few have been spotted when other Ooze activity has presented itself, but only then, and none seem to be willing to communicate.
- Spirits in the area near Hanford, particularly a river spirit from the Columbia, have reported that Something originating from Hanford is hunting them down, regardless of alignment. Many of the Wyrmish spirits that have grown fat off of Hanford's nuclear pollution and generated misery have vanished or been corrupted by this Something.
- Dakota spoke to the Caern totems, who had only limited information but warned that whatever is at Hanford may be looking for something nearby, and that it's important that the Hanford entity not find it.
- Several Garou and Val visited Dream to try to contact the Magpie that was once the totem for Last Days.
- A few Garou were ambushed by strange wolfish monsters when they responded to the screams for help of a hamstrung BSD, who was later revealed to be suffering from the 'infection' that other Dancers in St. Claire have come down with.
- Attempts to cleanse the infection (if not the Wyrm taint) from this Dancer failed despite everyone's best efforts. He was killed shortly afterward rather than risk sending the infection to Erebus.